Wednesday 22 January 2014

Skirts and Dresses

Chiara went off to school once more and I went for lunch with a friend from home. I ate what felt like my weight in food!

Chiara wears: White shirt- vintage, dress- Urban Outfitters, black belt- old, frilly socks- Topshop, brogues- Doc Martens

The layering of the plain white shirt adds a little something to the dress which is a contrast to the dark patterns on the dress. Chiara has created a cute 'school girl' outfit which can be worn anywhere!

The pattern on the dress reminds me of an old 'carpet' type pattern. It gives the image that the dress is vintage which coordinates well with Chiara's style and wardrobe. The belt brings in her stomach and shows off her hips which is very flattering for her figure. 

Charlotte wears: Black chiffon top- Monki, elephant pendant necklace- Amazon, skirt- H&M, black suede boots with tassels 


The top is so versatile and can be worn in a more formal situation, teamed with a skirt or can be worn with jeans during the day. It's simplicity works well with the skirt I feel, the skirt's asymmetrical striped pattern takes most of the focus which was what I was aiming for. The length of the necklace is one of my favourite lengths I teamed the skirt with a big pendant which colour coordinates with the outfit. I believe it balances out the outfit and finishes it off in a light-hearted way, suggesting a slight informality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment